We’re so excited to announce our collaboration with The Beehive Hotel & Cafe in Rome to host:
The Expat Writers Book and App Fair
This event will feature expat writers in Italy of books, e-books, and iPhone apps. This is a great opportunity to meet and chat with expat writers in the center of Rome on what we hope will be a gorgeous spring day!
Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase.
The event will take place Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 3 p.m. in the garden of The Beehive Hotel conveniently located near Rome’s Termini train station.
- Eleonora Baldwin (Frommer’s Rome Day by Day, 3rd Edition)
- Terry Bhola (Searching for Wild Asparagus in Umbria)
- Flaminia Chapman (Rome Insider’s Guide app)
- Mary Jane Cryan (Etruria: Travel, History & Itineraries in Central Italy)
- Erica Firpo (Rome Select)
- Arlene Gibbs (The Rebirth of Mrs. Tracey Higgins)
- Chris Harrison (in absentia) (Head Over Heel: Seduced by Southern Italy)
- Linda Lappin (The Etruscan)
- Mark Leslie (in absentia) (Beyond the Pasta)*
- Francesca Maggi (Burnt by the Tuscan Sun)
- Gillian McGuire (Rome for Expats app)
- Katie Parla (Rome for Foodies app and National Geographic Walking Rome)
- Sara Rosso (How to Order an Italian Coffee in Italy; The Unofficial Guide to Nutella)
- Pamela Sheldon Johns (Cucina Povera: Tuscan Peasant Cooking)
We’ll be raffling copies of books, promo codes to apps and the chance to win a lunch in Vetralla on 19 May with Creative Writing Professor and authors at a private home in Vetralla a town about an hour north of Rome. Also, an attendee can also win an exclusive chance for one person interested in writing to meet and exchange ideas with Teresa Cutler-Broyles, a US professor of Creative Writing, as well as enjoy some specialties of genuine local food.
*Yes, that’s our very own Mark Leslie, who wrote Beyond the Pasta, who will be there in spirit!
WHERE: The Beehive Hotel & Cafe
Via Marghera 8
Rome, Italy 00185
WHEN: Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 3 p.m.
If you’ll be in the neighborhood and would like to attend, please be in touch so we can send you a Facebook invite for the Expat Writers Book and App Fair; the space we’re using (photo above courtesy of The Beehive website) allows us to keep things casual, and that also means an approximate head count would be very appreciated.
Hope to see you there!